Our project, launched in March 2018, has only a few more activities to complete until 30 June 2023, which will mark the end of the project.
Nature Without Borders: Final Results
14 January 2021
We had 125 pupils enthusiastically engaged, for a whole year, in our contest about the mysterious Great Bustard and the natural world.
It's been more than a year since we had launched our contest "Nature without borders" for primary and secondary school children from Bihor county, Romania.
Just like everybody else, we also tried to adapt to the imposed restrictions. So we extended the deadlines - and to our sheer joy, despite the crisis that we all face, we had an impressive number of participating teams, and the contenders were highly motivated.
The stages of the contest (in numbers):
- ► round 1: 552 registered pupils (184 teams) at Romanian and Hungarian sections, under the supervision of 65 educators
- - contestants from Bihor county: Salonta, Oradea, Livada de Bihor, Cefa and Sântandrei
- - 176 teams (528 pupils) finished the first stage
- ► round 2: 258 school children (43 Romanian + 43 Hungarian teams) completed the tasks and qualified for the final stage
- ► round 3: 125 pupils (24 Romanian + 20 Hungarian teams) competed in the finals. The points were given by a jury composed of an educator, a communications specialist, a representative from the City Hall of Salonta, a biologist and a university professor.
The final score: the points accumulated in the first two rounds constitute 50%, and the other 50% the points scored in the finals.
As much as we wanted to meet in-person the teams that passed with flying colours the first two rounds, we had to keep the finals and the awards ceremony online.
Congratulations to the young contestants and thank you to all the educators who mentored them!
And finally, here's a selection of their work from the final round.
- ► Great Bustard feather artwork
- Environmental educators and contest coordinators: Kelemen Katalin, Papp Judith (Milvus Group Association)
- Ilustration: Szabolcs Kókay